Tuesday 16 August 2011

What to say . . .

JAI HIND!!

Well, I think of some topic to write on my blog, but for past few weeks I have not succeeded in my efforts.  But, today, being the India’s Independence Day, I determine to write this post and like to dedicate this post on this occasion.
It is a routine basis in Tamil Nadu (I guess throughout India), all mobile networks use to charge for Short Message Service (SMS) Re.1/- on special occasions like F-Day, V-Day, etc. Being an intense ‘message-user’ (:-P), I was very much worried about not messaging for a day!  But surprisingly, my network people didn’t cut charge for message. Though I was happy for my cost free SMS, was wondering why they aren’t charging for the Independence Day.  I, seriously have no clue, why these guys are taking up money for silly V-day or F-day (in my view) or some damn so-called-so-many days. But, why not for Independence Day?? Is that because people wouldn’t wish each other on Independence Day or just because the Independence Day is just considered as “Yet another day” in the year or because they are letting us “independent” on this day??!!  Incredible and undecipherable!! :-P
As I reminiscent my school days, I remember going to school during Independence Day and Republic Day. That was a wonderful day, wearing White and White uniform, walking in parade and hoisting flag and saluting the flag as we sang the National Anthem and the Flag Anthem. I am, still able to recall those moments, though we did all for that 50 paisa chocolate, they used to give us after the Celebration.  But, I swear we didn’t lack in our patriotism. Sweet Memories!! J As a matter of fact, now-a-days, even schools and colleges are not much interested in celebrating a national day. After all; they gain a day more holidays among their busy schedules. :-D
I am no exception; I’m also a part of a famous social networking website. I’m accustomed to check my notification every day.  Just to spread my word of Independence Day wishes, I logged in today but I was taken aback of the “statuses and uploaded photos” on my wall.  Out of 50, only 20 people (Arbitrary numbers) have updated status of the day, wishing our day of Independence. Rest of them; seem not bothered about it at all. I just left note spreading my wishes. But, I started to mull over about this weirdness.  I have seen so many photos and tags updated for friendship day and other stuffs, sharing their happiness and gay. But why not even a word about our independence? Is that because, they find it is futile to wish each other on this day or just they have considered it as “yet another day”? Or sharing their personal happiness and showing off before is more important? Whatever!! :-O
Another thing, which was constantly pricking my mind, was today’s TV programs.  Interestingly, all channels are ready to give some entertainment programs for people on Independence Day but why not something or anything informative about our India at least in between those programs. To be frank, I have watched those entertainments too. :-P At the same time, I regret for these growing up addictive mechanism in our State. L Shameless we are!!
 I’ve mentioned only a small scale regrets and repentance here up to my level and knowledge. But, I’ve just let my thoughts to pour down spontaneously today as Independence Day special!!! :D J
Finally, before signing off, let me wish my Independence Day Wishes to all! J

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful, can say best of yours :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.. u know wat... i was actually surprised with FB statuses showing Happy Independence day.. so may be v shud be happy atleast 20 out of 50 showed that :). As far as TV is concerned... no comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deeeeepakkkk!! thanks :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @nithya: But i excepted more; that's why disappointed :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. From were yu copied.....tell the truth.. i ll get yu 5sttar choco...:P

    ReplyDelete